Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Views: Practical Fashion

Practical Fashion
The few times I've seen Latika Khaneja of Collage Sports Management on TV, I've noticed her articulateness, her straightforwardness and her commanding yet feminine voice. What I haven't noticed much are her clothes.

Which is why an interview on her style in this weekend's Lounge took me by surprise. This smart business woman spoke candidly about the practical side of fashion for working women. And Ms Khaneja definitely doesn't mince words- she says no to pencil skirts, believes flat shoes at office are perfectly acceptable and has stopped shopping at "children stores".

Her pragmatic tips make complete sense for those of us who have to run to catch a train, or have to get into the bus with a quick jump.

Next time I'm off for a client meeting, I'll perhaps give my three-inch black pumps a break and opt for practical comfort instead.

PS- Thanks, Ms Khaneja!

No comments:

Post a Comment